Top 4 Change Management Decisions
One of the biggest projects we work hand-in-hand on with our clients is process change within their organizations. This process change could be regarding services, technology, space, equipment or any other support provided to employees for the day to day activities in your office.
- Timing is everything!
- If you are moving to a new office location or restacking an existing office space it is prime time to look at initiatives that have been on the back burner. Simple changes that employees may normally find undesirable (like walking an extra 15 feet to a central printer) become just a part of a new and exciting transition within the company.
- Change Philosophy – Mandates or Organic?
- The most difficult decision is the method to implement a change. The most direct way is through a corporate mandate, but this is not always the most effective. The efficacy depends on the culture of your company and if it is more focused on financial savings or employee amenities. A more financial driven mindset (such as financial services industry) can adapt more quickly to cost savings initiatives, while a more amenity driven company can benefit more from an example driven change process from the top down.
- Amount of Change
- There is not much “science” to how much change an employee base can handle at one time, but if done strategically many changes can be implemented in one fell swoop. The best way to maximize the amount of change that can be accomplished is by engaging your employees to make sure they feel part of the process. Our service transitions are best received when we engage in Town Hall style introductions to bring all stakeholders into the fold.
- Defining and Understanding Objectives
- The most important part of the change is making sure you understand what the goal is and how it makes sense to your business. If it cannot be communicated clearly and succinctly then the adoption will be difficult to keep moving forward. Outlining clear objectives will be key to driving your project plan and effective management.
If you are considering a major corporate services change in your organization, reach out to CMS to be paired with a Subject Matter Expert that can help evaluate your needs.
More from our blog
CMS has been providing our Clients’ with a wide array of Mail and Package screening services ever since the attacks on 9/11 in NYC and all around the country. The recent mail bombs sent is a reminder that close attention needs to be paid to what is coming in and out of your building to maintain a safe workplace and ensure business continuity.
The hottest term in our everyday life seems to be Artificial Intelligence. What used to be a Sci-Fi movie theme is now in our homes, cars, cell phones and making its way into our offices. Recent improvements in this space has brought us to look for companies...
“Outsourcing” can be such an unsettling term, but it doesn’t have to be! The on-site provision of office support services by a true partner can be a competitive advantage within your industry when done right. There are some key factors to consider when deciding IF...